Meetings and Events
|Mon Apr 27 @ 6:30PM - |
City Commission Meeting
|Mon May 04 @ 4:00AM - |
Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
|Tue May 05 @ 5:30PM - |
|Wed May 06 @11:00AM - |
Senior Resources Advisory Board Meeting
|Tue May 12 @ 6:30PM - |
Planning & Zoning Board Meeting
|Wed May 13 @ 4:30PM - |
Youth Advisory Council Meeting
Parks Maintenance Worker
Semi-skilled and manual work in maintaining various grounds, fields and facilities. Work is performed under the supervision of Parks Maintenance Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains various grounds, fields and parks by performing mowing, weeding, tilling, raking, digging and other manual labor tasks.
- Prepares fields for athletic activities such as: lining, raking.
- Installs turf and seeds on field, parks and other grounds.
- Helps maintain equipment and facilities by performing manual labor and semi-skilled work.
- Performs litter control functions; cleans restrooms; sets up picnic and other areas.
- Operates vehicles. Performs preventative maintenance functions on the vehicles.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.)
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of landscape maintenance and turf installation. Knowledge of tools and equipment to do related work. Knowledge of grounds keeping practices and principles. Ability to perform heavy manual labor under various weather conditions. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Skill in the operation and preventative maintenance of equipment and related tools.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school graduation or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma. Five (5) years experience in landscape maintenance experience preferred.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience can be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
Possession of a valid Class "C" Florida Driver's License.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction).
Acceptable hearing (with or without hearing aid).
Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
Walking, standing, kneeling, bending, stooping.
Works outside in various weather conditions.
Chemicals (insecticides and herbicides), cleaning supplies ie: bleach, etc.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with existing ADA requirements for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.)