The employees of the City of Alachua are a dedicated group who are committed to providing exceptional service to the public.
In support of the City of Alachua’s mission to serve the public, Human Resources is charged with:
- attracting and recruiting highly qualified and diverse candidates who will provide professional and friendly services that our citizens seek;
- providing exceptional benefits, equitable and competitive compensation to retain our valuable employees;
- supporting the success of the employees by providing a challenging work environment through training and educational opportunities;
- creating an environment that is characterized by fair treatment, open communications, personal accountability, trust and mutual respect through our open door policy; and
- ensuring a safe and discrimination/harassment free environment by maintaining compliance with employment laws and government regulations, providing management and employee training, and developing policies and procedures.