The mission of the Grants & Contracts is to secure and administer grant agreements and contracts in order to achieve a maximum return by leveraging available funds and resources with grant funds.
The City, periodically, attempts to obtain grant funds to assist eligible homeowners who reside within its corporate limits to rehabilitate homes that have building code violations. This is not a remodeling program.
Once funds become available, the City will issue a public notice and conduct community outreach. Funding assistance to eligible homeowners is awarded in accordance with the City of Alachua’s Standard Housing Assistance Plan (SHAP) Appendix A. See below.
- CDBG Anti-Displacement Relocation Policy
- Standard Housing Assistance Plan
- Subordination Policy Agreement
- CDBG Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprise Policy
- CDBG Policy of Prohibition of Use of Excessive Force