Businesses seeking to locate within the City of Alachua must complete an application for Local Business Tax Receipt (formerly occupational license). Prospective businesses must complete both the Local Business Tax Application and the Certificate of Land Development Regulations Compliance Application. Please note that prospective businesses must obtain land use and zoning information through the Planning & Zoning Department prior to placing a business within the City of Alachua to guarantee that the business is compatible with the regulations of the City. Certain individuals or organizations are exempt from the Local Business Tax. Please review the Local Business Tax Exemption Application and Section 10-36 Schedule of Fees for applicability.
Completed applications must be turned in to the City of Alachua along with the following:
- A copy of your Driver’s License
- A copy of Corporate or other enabling documents or fictitious name certification from the State of Florida if doing business as other than an individual.
- A copy of a signed lease agreement or written authorization from the property
- owner, if you do not own the property
- A copy of your State license certification or regulation, if required by the State.
- General Contractors must have proof of liability insurance and workers compensation or proof of exemption from workers compensation insurance.
- LDR compliance application fee of $25.00 is due upon submittal of the application.
- Business Tax payment is due upon approval.
- All checks are made payable to the City of Alachua.
Below is a list of applications that can be printed, completed and returned to the City.