The Community Planning Act, adopted by the 2011 Florida Legislature, requires all Florida counties and municipalities to adopt Comprehensive Plans that guide future growth and development. A Comprehensive Plan consists of various elements addressing future land use, housing, transportation, infrastructure, recreation, open space, intergovernmental coordination, and capital improvements.
As part of the Future Land Use Element of the Comprehensive Plan, a Future Land Use Map is established to identify the lands divided into the future land use map designations established by the Future Land Use Element.
For viewing convenience, below are links to specific Comprehensive Plan Elements.
- Vision Element
- Administration and Implementation Element
- Monitoring and Evaluation Element
- Future Land Use Element
- Future Land Use Map Series
- Transportation Element
- Housing Element
- Community Facilities and Natural Groundwater Aquifer Recharge Element
- Conservation and Open Space Element
- Recreation Element
- Intergovernmental Coordination Element
- Capital Improvements Element
- Economic Element
- Public School Facilities Element